Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sound theory, piss poor in practice.

I stayed late at the hospital on Thursday to plate cells for experiments to be done before Christmas, and the most frustrating things happened:
- I was repeatedly bumped from my time slot on the hood -- a 2:30pm reservation turned into 6pm.
- When I finally got on the hood, there were close to zero pipets left in the cell culture room.
- When I went upstairs to get more supplies from the main lab, my ID wouldn't unlock the door onto floor with the cell culture room because someone in the Security office decided I would never need to be there after 6pm.

Three separate systems totally failed that night, all against my favor.

I did finally get back onto that floor and managed to plate cells for my experiments, though I ended up not using half of them.  >:(

No comments: