Monday, August 25, 2008

First Post: A Recap

It has been three months and four days since Commencement, and likely longer since the last time I had a long conversation with most of you. The following is a list of things that have happened in that time, in roughly chronological order:
  • Senior Design, +10 days after Commencement
  • Questioned choice of major (recurring event, bi-weekly [both definitions of the term])
  • Applied for jobs in the Seattle and New York area
  • Experimented with Ubuntu Linux, home network file server idea
  • Senior Design with Second Place in category in RERC-AMI National Design Competition
  • Sumeet visits Seattle
  • Visited New York before everyone started work/internships
  • Applied for more jobs in Seattle and New York
  • Pam gets an interview with the USPTO
  • Applied for jobs in Boston, Washington, DC, and the Bay Area
  • Pam gets a job with the USPTO
  • Applied for more jobs in Washington, DC
  • Moved to Alexandria, VA via NYC (long, long story)
  • First employer contacts me regarding a position for which I have applied
  • Interview with said employer, Children's National Medical Center
  • Job offer!
I'll likely write a post for each large story in there, but if there's one that people are particularly interested in, I'll try to write about that first.

5 comments:

PE_Feeds said...

What about when some certain friend(s) came to visit you in Seattle? hehe

dwong said...

I just remembered, and added that to the list.

Q said...

woohoo!!! i'm so excited to read everything!

PE_Feeds said...

Hahaha thanks

Ashley said...

Welcome to our corner of the blogosphere, dwong! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on all of this!